social_facebook_box_blue social_twitter_box_blue Logo-Final


Established - 1995


Welcome to the Shanthi & Co.,Solicitors Blog


Here you will find a wide range of practical notes of information authored by some of our solicitors for information purposes only. Just one important caveat, however: the guidance here is for information purposes only and should not be mistaken for individually-tailored legal advice.

RSS Feed

Web feed

By shanthi-law, Jun 11 2012 04:00PM

Broadly, the procedure to be followed can be outlined as follows:

First, if your prospective or proposed employer does not already have the required Tier 2 licence, they should apply to be included in the Tier 2 Register of Sponsors. This entails completing an application online and then submitting the hardcopies of all the specified list of evidence (with the current appropriate fee, which is expected to increase from 14th June 2012) to enable the UK Border Agency to determine your employer's application to be permitted to employ foreign workers from outside the European Economic Area[1]. Further details of the procedure (including the process that will need to be followed to obtain one of the Certificate(s) of Sponsorship to employ you post-recognition) is set out in the current Sponsors Guidance Note (due to be updated in June 2012).

Second, once your employer has been granted a licence, they are required to issue a prospective employee who they wish to employ under the Tier 2 (General) Points Based System a document called a 'Certificate of Sponsorship' (‘CoS’) using the online-interface with the UKBA utilising the access keys they will be given on recognition (referring to the various online guides for assistance, if necessary).